Purple Party Forums

Purple Party Forums

Welcome to the Purple Party – the world’s most colorful new political movement!
Welcome to Purple Party Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Party or Movement?

Last post 04-12-2010, 12:14 AM by jamess26. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-19-2006, 7:28 AM 3

Party or Movement?

I think it should be both, but start out as a movement. It could gain followers of Republicans and Democrats alike that are middle of the road in their thinking but don't want to abandon their party affiliation just yet. Once the movement has gained enough momentum, like winning small political elections throughout the U.S., I think more and more people would see this new party as something substainable and become more willing to hang their hat on it. I certainly hope it does.  I've never been a  registered anything simply because of my dissatisfaction with both parties rigid platforms, and the back and forth bickering that limits real progress  in this country.

•  06-14-2006, 8:42 AM 4 in reply to 3

Re: Party or Movement?

We have a million and one movements out there. Do we really need another? What we are in desperate need for is a political party that actually works for THE PEOPLE. The way things are now, it's a daily struggle between us vs. the gov. and the corps. They are our rulers. This should not be. They are supposed to be our servants, or to put it another way, they are supposed to represent the will of the people. They do not. !

Now building a party is not easy. Look at the Green Party. Are they going to go for the big buck donations soon? Keep an eye on that. It also seems to have evolved into a party that is not representative of The People, but representative of what these individuals in the Party want.

In this country, without money you can't start a party. Are we stuck? Also how do you prevent human nature from taking over when people get involved in the electoral relm and start to get power hungry? It just seems to happen.

George

•  06-18-2006, 7:24 PM 5 in reply to 3

It should be a movement and it should include all the progressive issue groups who are in dire need of direction and guidance (bless their busy hearts) - if people are drawn in by the "Marvelousness" of it, it will build it'self.  What would it say on the ballot?  Is there procedure to get a party on ballots?  Can Diebold (oops is that partisian?...) handle it?

Short answer; it should be a movement with political power. 

Candidates, funding and awareness!!! - Once you get that, and I really hope you do, let me know where I can help!.

My first impression is that the Purple Party is the party for those of us who are so disillusioned right now about the current political situation in our country.  Progressives, Issues groups, anti-war groups - let's take the momentum we've started over the past 5 years and USE IT!  Could the 9/11 widows come and represent us?  Could the people from Common Cause and Moveon and everyone else finally join forces (as indicated in Gate crashers)and truly take our own country back?  How do we do that?  We sure need it, are there enough people awake and active and ready to take the necessary risks to totally make the biggest movement of all time?  Now that we can enjoy the fruits of the civil rights, and women's sufferage movements, what are we going to do with it?

Besides, purple has always been MY favorite color.

Power to the Purple!,

Libby Buck

•  06-21-2006, 6:23 PM 6 in reply to 5

Hands up who's read the Euston Manifesto?

http://eustonmanifesto.org/joomla/

Could this be a starting point for drafting a Purple Proclamation?

Not adopt or copy it -- just use it as a starting point to help inspire something way better. The end result would most likely bear no resemblance to this manifesto.

Personally, there's heaps in the Euston Manifesto that seems way off the mark.

What do others reckon? This might be worth its own Purple People forum: the Purple Proclamation workshop forum.

•  07-30-2006, 7:31 PM 7 in reply to 4

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone out there. We seem to have a lot of the same disgruntlement that your members do. The Concord Party was formed by a number of individuals who increasingly felt that there was no political option for us. Our bylaws call for us to form a platform by discussion and member voting. So, unlike the Greens or Libertarians, our positions are dynamic and reflect the will of our members - not our biggest contributors. At least in theory. We're in the building phase, hoping to get publicity and members during this election cycle, run some local candidates soon after and possibly state level candidates in 2008. Dare to dream big, right?

Seriously, there are all kinds of groups out there right now like ours that will eventually coalesce into something significant. I've added your site to my list of like minded groups.

Eric Decker
    concordparty.org

•  04-12-2010, 12:14 AM 43 in reply to 4

SasaFras:
    We have a million and one movements out there. Do we really need another? What we are in desperate need for is a political party that actually works for THE PEOPLE. The way things are now, it's a daily struggle between us vs. the gov. and the corps. They are our rulers. This should not be. 70-290 practice exam They are supposed to be our servants, or to put it another way, they are supposed to represent the will of the people. They do not. !

Now building a party is not easy. Look at the Green Party. Are they going to go for the big buck donations soon? Keep an eye on that. testking 70-291 It also seems to have evolved into a party that is not representative of The People, but representative of what these individuals in the Party want.

In this country, without money you can't start a party. Are we stuck? Also how do you prevent human nature from taking over 70-294 when people get involved in the electoral relm and start to get power hungry? It just seems to happen.

George

While there is some concern about leaving our descendants a legacy of economic debt, the legacy of ecological debt is not being addressed. 70-270 Generations not yet born have no rights and many of today's most influential decision makers believe themselves to be at liberty to plunder the planet without limit.

This may be hard to believe, but it's true! We call it progenycide.

View as RSS news feed in XML